Yá mən ḥayátək εaf—ažărtil iṭkár s-imaẓawăn, wăl illi dó-s xaf yón n-ărγa.
‘A mat filled with fresh dates, there is only one yellow date.’
- ažărtil ‘mat’ [Lameen:] ažărtil is widely borrowed into North African Arabic; it appears in Korandje as zartalli.
- iṭkár 3sg.m.pf. ‘to be filled'
- s-imaẓawăn ‘with fresh dates’
- wăl negative particle, which according to Lanfry’s description is not supposed to combine with the negative perfect. Quite odd.
- illi 3sg.m.neg.pf. ‘to be, exist’
- dó-s in-it
- xaf ‘except’
- yón (m.) n-ărγa litt. ‘one of yellow date’
Ažənna ‘the sky'